Show 73 – Building Your Plan
You need to know what you’re doing and why you’re doing it.
Everyone needs a plan, it’s a way to document what needs to be done and how you’re going to do it.
Whilst the path means that you are going to have to change from time to time, what a plan means is that you are more likely to follow through with your ideas.
Take for instance what we are doing with the Growth Programme for this year. Ian and myself know what is happening each week and their is a structure to where we want to get to and to provide you with a framework to take on board.
Gone are the days of, ‘what shall we talk about this week?’
Some reasons why you need to plan:
- it sets the objective to work to
- gives you real clarity
- it can help with guidance for new business alliances/collaboration
- provides a deeper understanding of the role you play in your marketplace
- makes you accountable and responsible
- you are crystal clear with your message
This is the last show within our strategy section. If the previous shows were asking you to dig deep and to find the ‘why’, this is the ‘what’ and ‘how’ show.