Why being FREE is a huge opportunity
There are a lot of companies that offer services for FREE such as ‘45 minute brand/web appraisals’ in order to attract new customers. But the downside is that giving time for FREE undervalues what you provide.
The most important thing to remember is that time is precious and you must use it wisely. Create something that provides educational value to give away, which is much more powerful in keeping you at the forefront of your market.
If you create something that generates a buzz and is FREE, more people will want to know about who you are and what you do.
Here are the vital things to remember in order to make the most out of offering something for FREE.
- Give something of value and of importance to the market you are targeting. Make sure it is informative and easy to understand. In doing so, this will highlight your credibility and recognition within your field of expertise. It also helps to show your personality and what your brand represents.
- Offering something valuable and engaging for FREE, builds loyalty. If you build a rapport, people understand what you do. This can help to grow your networks and capture new contacts that are interested in what you say.
- Use this tactic as an opportunity for sales, not to bombard people but to show that you know what you’re talking about and it is worth listening to.
- Use the correct terminology in order to grab attention and stand out. Say ‘download this for FREE’ instead of ‘email info@… for your FREE guide’.
- Additionally, see FREE as being cost effective. The main commitment is research into your topic. Following this however, comes the benefit of seeing how many people are interested in what you have to offer and how your ideas can expand to reach a wider audience.
- Giving things away for FREE is a measurable tool. You can see how many people have downloaded or requested what you have to offer. This is useful for you to see which topics are strong and insightful to audiences, which in turn will allow you to concentrate on your efforts on further topics relevant to your industry.
- Staying visible is key in making sure that you are relevant and you stand by a strong message or premise. Show that you’re a ‘can do’ person giving things away for FREE is beneficial for both parties.
The final thing to remember is that giving things away for free will make you stand out against your competition. Not everyone will offer something for free but doing so will generate more traffic to your website, social networks and to your business.
If it’s meaningful it becomes powerful.
P.S. If you’d like to download one of our FREE guides, just click on the images at the top of the page.